Style Therapy: Keratin Therapy 1" Flat Iron

Item # S8590
Available exclusively at Amazon
Amazon IPL
Pin It

Product Details

Model_S8590

Protect your hair while you style! The unique Remington Style Therapy: Keratin Therapy 1" Flat Iron features keratin protein infused plates that help to keep your hair healthy and strong. Don’t fret over too much heat. The advanced, built-in heat sensor uses cutting edge technology to adjust the temperature to your own personalized setting, protecting your hair from overexposure.

• Ceramic
  • Heat Sensor
  • 450°F high heat
  • Turbo boost to highest setting
  • Swivel cord
  • 30 second instant heat
  • Auto shutoff (60 minute)
  • Digital control
  • 4 Year Limited Warranty
Use and Care Manuals
S8590 pdf 1.3MB English
074590514605
Review_S8590
Callout_1_S8590

What is Keratin Therapy?

This naturally occurring protein, is a vital element in strong, healthy hair. Next generation ceramic plates are infused with Keratin proteins that transfer to your hair during styling and last the life of the product, leaving no oily residue.

Callout_2_S8590

How does the flat iron work?

Embedded into the top plate is a heat sensor that uses cutting edge technology to detect hair's exposure to excessive heat causing damage and breakage. When turned on, the heat sensor will automatically tell the straightener to adjust to a personalized heat setting for optimal styling results with less damage.

Videos

MainFeats_S8590
Optimal Heat Sensor
Heat sensor prevents damage caused by excessive temperatures
Keratin Micro-Conditioners
Keratin micro-conditioners evenly emit during styling with no oily residue.
Swivel Cord
The swivel cord allows free-ranging motion so you can style at an angle.
PackCallout_S8590

Swivel Cord: Yes
Turbo Boost: Yes
Voltage: 120 Volts
Warranty: 4 Year Warranty

Product Reviews (24)

Style Therapy: Keratin Therapy 1" Flat Iron 3.9 5 24 24
Love it! I really like the way this product works, I will recommend :) January 9, 2014
Incredible! I had recently purchased a very expensive ghd flat iron and was unimpressed so I returned it. When I bought this Keratin Remington straightener I was absolutely AMAZED! It actually worked better than the ghd! Would recommend to anyone. I love it and didn't have to spend an arm and a leg. October 23, 2013
Awesome! Other than the advertised features, the bottom plate is spring loaded and perfectly smooths the hair without pulling. My hair is super stubborn and this straightener made it shiny and straight with only one pass over the hair. Its a great value considering the keratin in the plates and the heat detection. I would definitely recommend buying this July 30, 2013
I HATE IT i had the remington flat iron with the teflon cloth over the plates and LOVED it! its gotten old and tired still works but i wanted this one for chistmas thinking it would work as well and it doesnt! my hair gets riped out by the ends of the plates the sensors make your hair not glide smooth at all and just had my hair cut yesturday and my stylesyt said there was chunks missing from my hair and i use the lower setting (300) and only use it 4 times a week max so im going back to my old one and looking for a new one online now February 4, 2013
WOW! I LOVE this straightener. I wear extensions and after a while they get a little nappy on the ends in particular. I just got this straightener and ran it through just one time and I am silky smooth. It looks AMAZING. 5 stars for sure. I am African American and it works for me!! December 18, 2012
I love it! I have tried all kinds of flat iron, the most expensive ones! Well, I was never happy until I bought this Remington and I am so happy with the results seriously my hair is smooth, very straight and shiny I do myself at home! Try and see the results your self you will love it! November 16, 2012
Not Impressed AT ALL (Disappointed) I have curly/wavy hair & I have a bit of fizz also. I bought this product expecting my hair to stay healthy, less breakage and a little shiny while straightening my hair. Like it said it would do. After 2 months my hair has drastically changed. It's brittle, DRY, FRIZZZZY- going nappy.... I never been so disappointed. My hair was naturally jet black now its this dull black. I keep it at 375. I don't understand. I used it 2 times a month. I only go through my hair 1-2 times and I don't leave it in long all. (I'm a freak about burning my hair.nono.) So now Im just going natural using conditioners every week.. I might have to see a salon soon. This product is a gift to give to your worst enemy who has long hair. October 11, 2012
Great Flat iron great price I had originally picked out a 85$ professional flat iron and felt kinda guilty about it so when I was at target I decided to get one of these and return whichever I didnt like. Seriously this one was just as good if not better and for 40$ less I was really happy and impressed.. Just got done using it and my hair is so shiny and soft and strait.. I do use moraccan oil and a heat protectant so my ends are just fine, not fried or frizzy or broken..glides right thru and straitens the first time. mine still works after 3 months and no probs with it at all. October 1, 2012
2 3 next>>

Question & Answer

(32 Questions : 38 Answers)

Product Q&A

Ask your questions. Share your answers.

« Back

Age: 18-24
2 years, 6 months ago
NY

Please wait while more information about fara is loaded.
Additional information about fara could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this question helpful.

Answers

Answer:
Metal plates are often painted which may make them hard to identify. Also, the paint can easily chip causing snags, pulls and tears at your hair. These straighteners do not heat evenly or maintain a constant temperature which can cause hot spots, burning your hair. They take longer to straighten hair, and may result in a frizzy, dry and even damaged appearance to the hair. The bottom line is, try to stay away from this type of straightener.

Ceramic straighteners are very common on quality straighteners because they provide an evenly heated surface which makes it easier to style the hair and reduces the risk of hot spots. The smooth ceramic prevents static from happening, smoothing the hair cuticle which eliminates the look of frizzy dry damaged hair and creates an overall shine to the hair as it helps each strand lay flat. A ceramic straightener is one of the better choices for a flat iron.
2 years, 3 months ago
Orlando, Fl

Please wait while more information about Emily25 is loaded.
Additional information about Emily25 could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this answer helpful.

Answer:
Ceramic has to do with heat distribution. Ionic has to do with frizz control. Ceramic distributes the heat more evenly than gold or regular metal plates, resulting in fewer hot spots (if any at all) and less damage to the hair follicle altogether. Ionic products are often associated with ceramic products because the two work better together. Products that use ion technology use negative ions to help control and reduce frizz while smoothing the hair. If you can find ceramic tourmaline flat irons, blow dryers, etc., then that's even better, or anything that uses infrared heat.
2 years, 6 months ago
Massachusetts

Please wait while more information about AlizMari is loaded.
Additional information about AlizMari could not be loaded.
+1point
1out of 1found this answer helpful.
I have delicate hair and I don't need a tool that will make it more damaged. I read too much protein can dry one's hair out?
Age: 35-44
2 years, 5 months ago
by

Please wait while more information about dms573 is loaded.
Additional information about dms573 could not be loaded.
+1point
1out of 1found this question helpful.

Answers

Answer:
To much of any good thing is a bad thing. However, a deficiency of protein can dry out your hair as well. as long as you are not using protein infused shampoos you should be fine. I would suggest investing in a good leave in conditioner. Most salons are recommending 'It's a Ten' and I would agree that this product works wonders. It seems pricey ($25) BUT it lasts a LONG time and it make your hair extremely healthy.
2 years, 3 months ago
Orlando, Fl

Please wait while more information about Emily25 is loaded.
Additional information about Emily25 could not be loaded.
+2points
2out of 2found this answer helpful.

Answer:
No, the Keratin Conditioner used in the Keratin Therapy Straightener (S-8590) has been specially formulated to help lock moisture in the hair’s cuticle. Also, the heat sensor monitors how much moisture is in the hair during styling and adjusts the heat when hair starts to become too dry to further help avoid damage. We’ve proven in independent research that hair styled with the Keratin Conditioners and the Heat Sensor is 2 times stronger than hair styled without.
2 years, 5 months ago
Wisconsin

Please wait while more information about remingtonservice is loaded.
Additional information about remingtonservice could not be loaded.
+1point
1out of 1found this answer helpful.
long lasting for the product?
2 years, 3 months ago
singapore

Please wait while more information about yenkhor is loaded.
Additional information about yenkhor could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this question helpful.

Answers

Answer:
I don't see why not. My hairdresser uses her own special iron.
Age: 55-65
2 years, 3 months ago
Buffalo,N.Y.

Please wait while more information about Misty is loaded.
Additional information about Misty could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this answer helpful.

Answer:
Please send your inquiry to service@remington-europe.com
2 years, 3 months ago
Wisconsin

Please wait while more information about remingtonservice is loaded.
Additional information about remingtonservice could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this answer helpful.

2 answers

Usage outside US

Can I use the flat iron model S-8590 (Keratin Therapy 1) outside the US e.g. in Europe where voltage is 240V?
Age: 35-44
2 years, 2 months ago
by

Please wait while more information about July8 is loaded.
Additional information about July8 could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this question helpful.

Answers

Answer:
Yes you need a converter to use oversees
2 years ago
New York

Please wait while more information about Gattina007 is loaded.
Additional information about Gattina007 could not be loaded.
+1point
1out of 1found this answer helpful.

Answer:
Thank you for your message. This product is not dual voltage, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
2 years, 2 months ago
by

Please wait while more information about CustomerService is loaded.
Additional information about CustomerService could not be loaded.
0points
1out of 2found this answer helpful.
Age: 13-17
1 year, 11 months ago
new york

Please wait while more information about dlaguerre is loaded.
Additional information about dlaguerre could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this question helpful.

Answers

Answer:
I have an african american friend who bought specially for her daughters who have very curly hair, and all I can tell is they are very happy with their shiny, soft and straight hair.
Age: 35-44
1 year, 10 months ago
Tustin, CA, USA

Please wait while more information about Pink is loaded.
Additional information about Pink could not be loaded.
+1point
1out of 1found this answer helpful.

Answer:
Yes, this flat iron will work for you. We suggest you select a temperature in the middle to high end of the temperature range (375-450°F). Test on a small section of hair and then adjust if necessary.
1 year, 11 months ago
by

Please wait while more information about CustomerService is loaded.
Additional information about CustomerService could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this answer helpful.
Age: 18-24
1 year, 9 months ago
by

Please wait while more information about Luchi0808 is loaded.
Additional information about Luchi0808 could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this question helpful.

Answers

1 year, 5 months ago
Indianapolis, IN

Please wait while more information about LucyToo is loaded.
Additional information about LucyToo could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this answer helpful.

Answer:
Thank you for your inquiry. A storage pouch is not included with our straighteners unless otherwise noted under product details.
1 year, 9 months ago
Madison, WI, USA

Please wait while more information about customerservice is loaded.
Additional information about customerservice could not be loaded.
+1point
1out of 1found this answer helpful.
Has staff answer

1 answer

how does the heat sensor work?

how does it work and what does it do because u have never heard of it.
Age: 13-17
Gender: female

Products related to my question

2 years, 6 months ago
Granville, NY, USA

Please wait while more information about ttgirl96 is loaded.
Additional information about ttgirl96 could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this question helpful.

Answers

Answer:
Thank you for your message. Here are some FAQ's on this product. Please feel free to call us if you need further assistance.

HEAT SENSOR
What is the revolutionary Heat Sensor? The heat sensor is cutting edge technology embedded into the top plate of the straightener that continually monitors the condition of the hair and takes action when hair is becoming at greater risk for damage.

How does the Heat Sensor work? It continually detects moisture level in the hair and optimizes the temperature at all times according to the hair’s condition. The sophisticated technology only steps in when moisture level is too low and the hair is at increased risk of splitting and damage. The straightener will constantly optimize the temperature as you style to reduce damage while still providing the best styling results.

Do you see the temperature change on the digital display? No, the display will show the selected temperature at all times, however, when the sensor is turned on an icon on the display will blink to inform the user that the sensor is active.

What happens once the sensor has reduced the temperature?
The sensor will continually monitor the moisture in your hair and as soon as it detects enough moisture it will return to the set temperature.
2 years, 5 months ago
Wisconsin

Please wait while more information about remingtonservice is loaded.
Additional information about remingtonservice could not be loaded.
+1point
1out of 1found this answer helpful.
Say you use the flat iron that is infused with keratin protein for 7 years, does it ever use up all the keratin that is infused in the plates? How long would it take for the plates to run out of keratin?
Age: Over 65
2 years, 1 month ago
kansas

Please wait while more information about fruzzy is loaded.
Additional information about fruzzy could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this question helpful.

Answers

Answer:
We have verified that the conditioners in the plates will last at least through the Four year warranty period under typical heavy consumer use.
2 years, 1 month ago
by

Please wait while more information about customerservice is loaded.
Additional information about customerservice could not be loaded.
+3points
3out of 3found this answer helpful.
i read it on the iron's box...is it mean that there is no sensor really????
i bought it from here and i am in another country
Age: 35-44
2 years ago
by

Please wait while more information about benador10 is loaded.
Additional information about benador10 could not be loaded.
+1point
1out of 1found this question helpful.

Answers

Answer:
The claims we have on our box are comparison claims between this specific product and other Remington products that we sell. What we are stating in this claim is that this Keratin straightener produced these results compared to a straightener that does not have Keratin plates or a sensor.

This straightener does have a sensor and Keratin infused plates.
2 years ago
by

Please wait while more information about customerservice is loaded.
Additional information about customerservice could not be loaded.
+1point
1out of 1found this answer helpful.

1 answer

how many watts is ?

How many watts is, i need to know for baying converter on power to use in EU
Age: 18-24
Gender: male
2 years ago
Indianapolis, IN, USA

Please wait while more information about Alexmk is loaded.
Additional information about Alexmk could not be loaded.
+1point
1out of 1found this question helpful.

Answers

Answer:
To use this straightener in a 220V country you will have to use a converter with the capability of 425 peak wattage, please refer to all information regarding the converter you have purchased. We suggest not using these single voltage units with a converter. The circuitry within the unit will not be able to withstand the power surge and this could result in a damaged unit.
2 years ago
by

Please wait while more information about customerservice is loaded.
Additional information about customerservice could not be loaded.
+1point
1out of 1found this answer helpful.
2 3 4 next>>