COUPON REDEMPTION POLICY
Updated February 2013
Spectrum Brands, Inc. will reimburse retailers for REMINGTON® coupon submissions according to the terms and condition explained below. A retailer's acceptance and redemption of the manufacturer's coupons constitutes a binding agreement to honor the following requirements:
- Coupons are redeemable in the fifty (50) United States of America and Puerto Rico.
- Coupons are redeemable only by an individual consumer in a retail transaction in which the face value of the coupons, or up to the maximum value on "free" coupons, was deducted from the price of the brand, variety, size and quantity of the product indicated on the coupons.
- Coupons must be redeemed by the consumer on or before their expiration date.
- Coupon cash value 1/100¢. Consumer must pay any and all applicable taxes.
- Multiple coupons may not be used for the purchase of a single item.
- Coupons are void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law; or when reproduced, altered, or transferred from or sold by their original recipient to any person firm or group.
- Spectrum Brands, Inc. will reimburse retailers for the face value of each coupon, or up to the maximum value if its "free" coupons, plus the handling allowance as stated on the face of each coupon and reasonable postage fee for all properly redeemable coupons presented to Spectrum Brands, Inc. (no later than 6 months after their expiration date). No other handling fees will be allowed.
- Postage will be reimbursed at current actual uninsured rates. First Class postage rates will apply for mailings of less than 13 ounces and United Parcel Service rates for mailings that exceed 13 ounces.
- Spectrum Brands, Inc. actual count of coupons received will be final and binding and shall govern the payment.
- Spectrum Brands, Inc. reserves the right to deny reimbursement, retain, and declare void any coupons presented for redemption when, including but not limited to, the following conditions occur: mint/mass cut or uniform mix coupons are submitted for reimbursement; insufficient stock to cover the number and type of coupons submitted; inability to verify retailer's address or business operations; or any redemption procedure which is not in accordance with the terms of this Policy. Further, Spectrum Brands, Inc. reserves the right to forward submitted coupons to law enforcement agencies.
- Coupon reimbursements may not be deducted from payments of Spectrum Brands, Inc. invoices, unless specific agreements on resolving variances are developed and approved by Spectrum Brands, Inc. Any deductions from a Spectrum Brands, Inc. invoice for reimbursement of coupon submissions are expressly prohibited by this Policy.
- Coupons must be presented by retailers or a clearinghouse approved by Spectrum Brands, Inc. or its agent. Spectrum Brands, Inc. reserves the right to deal directly with retailers on all matters pertaining to any coupon submission and to audit the coupon sorting and billing service of any agent involved in the coupon process.
- Upon the request of Spectrum Brands, inc. or its agent, retailer must provide proof of purchase of sufficient stock to cover coupons presented for payment.
- In the event a retailer redemption payment is denied, the retailer must appeal this decision to Spectrum Brands, Inc. within 12 months of the date of the notification by Spectrum Brands, Inc. or its agent. Appeals made after the specified time frame will not be honored.
- Failure to observe these terms and conditions for proper redemption may, at the option of Spectrum Brands, Inc., void all coupons submitted for reimbursement and all unpaid coupons may be retained as property of Spectrum Brands, Inc.
- Failure to enforce any terms or condition of this Policy shall not be deemed a waiver of them by Spectrum Brands, Inc. Additionally, Spectrum Brands, Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, and without prior notice to any party, to modify, revise or eliminate any of the Provisions of this Policy.
- To redeem REMINGTON coupons, send them to the address listed below unless otherwise specified on the coupons:
CMS Department #
One Fawcett Drive
Del Rio, TX 78840
Any questions concerning coupon submissions, payments, and/or retailer verification should be directed to the Spectrum Brands, Inc. Response Line. This line can be reached toll free at 1-800-285-7602.